(*Boston to Nashua area only* -- will pay to relocate the right person)
QR Code Link to This Post
ROM3 is a three-year-old medical technology company that has created and patented a revolutionary orthopedic rehabilitation device (see our product video at www.rom3rehab.com). We have been well-funded, having raised $19.1 million to date and are currently planning for a public offering within the next nine months.
We are looking for an exceptional consultant Mechanical Engineer in the Boston to Nashua area (Northern MA Southern NH) for a 4-8 week project. The Candidate is expected to help with the finalization and transfer to production of a unique post-surgery rehabilitation device. Must be familiar with electro-mechanical assemblies and plastic molded parts and able to hit the ground running. The successful applicant will be assisting our lead designer to move from prototype to production in record time, hence experience and productivity are key. Possible longer-term involvement for the right match.
In addition to the skills and competencies described below, we seek candidates who are open, honest and candid. Compensation is based on experience, accomplishments, and proven success in this role.
The Mechanical Engineer will have:
• A passion for simple and elegant mechanical design
• A portfolio of design work
• Experience developing and refining prototypes
• Experience designing for manufacturing at scale
• An ability to work well under pressure to meet aggressive deadlines
• Highly proficient with CAD (Solidworks) – solid modeling, assemblies, drawing generation
• Experience with BOM generation, revision control
• Minimum of 8+ years experience in mechanical engineering
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
Additional consideration if you have:
• Previous start-up experience
• Developed mechanical medical devices
• Developed exercise equipment
• Hands-on experience with fabrication (CAM, CNC etc)
Qualified candidates, please respond via email to this ad and include:
• A cover letter detailing why you are a great fit for this job. Please state your current hourly pay requirement.
• An up-to-date resume
Thank you for your interest.