YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR A RESEARCH STUDY looking at the effect of nicotine and menthol on smoking behavior.
You may be eligible if you:
- Are age 18-45
- Currently smoke at least 5 menthol cigarettes daily for the last year
- Do not intend to quit within the next 6 weeks.
If you take part in the study, you will be asked to:
Switch to one of these types of cigarettes for 6 weeks:
1) Low nicotine, no menthol cigarette
2) Low nicotine + menthol cigarette
3) Regular nicotine, no menthol cigarettes
4) Your own brand of cigarettes (only women may be eligible for this group)
You may receive:
- A supply of study cigarettes for 6 weeks
- Financial compensation up to $220 for men and $276 for women