compensation: $125,000.00 - $145,000.00, along with 401k match, vacation, healthcare benefits & more! employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Salary $125,000.00 - $145,000.00, along with 401k match, vacation, healthcare benefits & more!
Our technology based client in Rocky Hill, CT is in need of hiring a Database Architect to join their core team! The Database Architect is responsible for all aspects of development database deployment, data management, integrity and security. This includes functions such as Power BI development, modeling, data warehousing, as well as performance tuning, backups, system health and application support. Provide technical direction and database expertise for complex data repository challenges.
This person will be spending about 25% of their time performing Database Administrative duties, 50% performing Datawarehouse and business information development duties, and the remaining 25% performing database development duties.
This role does require that the candidate be comfortable interfacing with end users a fair amount, ranging from the top of the org chart, to the bottom.
Responsibilities for the Database Architect:
- Database design – 3rd normal form and Star modeling.
- Performance Monitoring and Tuning
- Work with cross functional teams to evaluate business requirements and determine appropriate/optimal solutions (including feasibility analysis, design, work estimates, user performance needs, testing strategies, development, operations management, and supportability).
- Daily monitoring of database backups and system health.
- Data warehouse design and maintenance.
- Power BI Report Authoring.
- Build/develop, test, and debug solutions.
- Work with SDLC processes for DB deployments, with off-hours support as needed.
- Engineer and maintain BI solutions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualification Requirements for the Database Architect:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 10-15 years of experience in the database space.
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of systems analysis principles, practices and procedures.
- Implement and define design patterns for various systems.
- Advanced knowledge of database structure and theory – specifically as implemented in SQL Server.
- Understanding of Disaster Recovery and High Available principles.
- SQL Server Reporting and Integration Services.
- Able to establish and adhere to goals, priorities, and objectives.
- Self-starter who seeks new challenges and responsibilities.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable to work in all phases of the lifecycle of a project.
- Exhibit excellent judgment and decision making.
- Able to give and receive feedback and criticism with a focus on self-improvement.
- Work well independently and with a team.
- Able to diagnose, escalate, and solve issues.
- Accurately develop work plans and execute them.
Education and other experience for the Database Architect:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Engineering or related field of study.
- Master’s degree preferred, but not required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Database Administrator.
- Working knowledge of the following is a plus: Sharepoint 365, C#, .NET, VB.NET, SVN, NoSQL, Azure SQL as a Service.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers