I received this watch as a gift from my two adult kids with best of intentions. I was really excited when I got this as I have seen people use these watches and praise them for hiking, snow skiing, and other outdoor activities. But at 60+ years old I became aware that I would have to wear my reading glasses every time I needed to use the watch. I don't need glasses for outside sports as I only need glasses for reading. There is no way I was going to put glasses on and off skiing and having to remove and put back on my ski goggles. So unfortunately I cannot use this wonderful gift. It has never been used. I just put in a brand new fresh battery anyway. I did put it on once in my home to see if I can read it without my reading glasses. I almost can but it is a struggle for me, as I need 2.0 reading glasses to read. So my loss is your gain.
The watch is brand new and in its original box and includes a detailed instruction manual.
The following is a write up that explains the dozens of features of this watch:
These La Crosse XG-55 Digital Altimeter Watches have everything! They feature an altimeter, barometer, compass, thermometer, and more. They even tell time!
A perfect new watch (still in the box) for the outdoorsman, Snow Skiers, and hikers. The altimeter is great for knowing how much altitude change you are experiencing while hiking and skiing. The compass is really powerful tool for plotting your planned course and keeping from getting lost. The La Crosse XG-55 is rugged, yet refined. They are suitable for everyday use, and additional features even include weather forecasting to keep you informed of changing weather conditions. These things are weather stations on your wrist! Great for any sorting event you are watching where keeping lap times is necessary.
This list of XG-55 Digital Altimeter Watch features is unbelievable:
* Altimeter mode--with history graph
* Altimeter range: 2306 ft. below sea level to 30,065 ft. Go on, climb Everest!
* Four adjustment methods: Zero altitude, absolute altitude, sea level pressure, and factory default mode
* 23-hr. altitude history graph with X and Y axis view
* Compass mode with 16 graphical compass directions or 0 to 359 degrees, digital
* 16 bearing directions or 1 to 60 bearing pointers, graphical
* Lockable digital bearing reading
* Digital backward bearing
* Current temperature display
* Thermometer range: 14.0 to 140.0 degrees F or minus 10.0 to +60.0 degrees C
* Barometer range: 8.85 to 32.48 in. of mercury
* Barometer mode--with history graph
* 23-hr. pressure history graph with X and Y axis view
* History recall
* Barometer calibration
* Current time mode
* Current forecast with forecast icon display
* Five different weather forecast icons
* Current time in hours, minutes, and seconds
* 12 or 24-hour time display
* Calendar shows month and date
* Hourly chime
* Two daily alarms
* Dual time mode
* Chronograph mode
* Chronograph range: 99 hours, 59 minutes, 59.99 seconds
* 100-lap memory
* Recall lap history and total time
* Countdown timer with quick set values: 3, 5, 10, 15, and 45 minutes
* Water-resistant case: up to 30 feet!
* Electro-Luminescent backlight
* Watch power source: Single 3V lithium battery--CR2032
* Low battery indicator
* Free instructional DVD
I am only asking $32. This would make a great Christmas gift or birthday gift for any active outdoor person you know. If interested please email me at this ad or call me. No texts as this is a land line.