We are on a quest for high quality ghostwriters to write comic thriller and action novels.
QR Code Link to This Post
You must be fluent in written US English, well-versed in writing action and humor, and able to write both exciting scenes and deep, nuanced characters who draw the reader in. We aim to exceed our clients' expectations and deliver an intense experience for the reader, so flexibility in your writing style and attitude is essential to the process.
Ghostwriters who help us achieve this goal and consistently adhere to deadlines may be offered work on a long-term basis.
Some important things to note:
1. If your writing is full of 'walked', 'said', 'looked', or 'nodded' we're probably not a good fit
2. If you use repeated words and phrases within the same paragraph, we're not a match
3. We also don't like long narratives with lots of 'all-knowing' narrator explanation. We prefer to let the characters' actions and dialogue reveal what's going on in the characters' minds
We're looking for higher standard of writing than often found in the indie market. Our readers are intelligent, deep thinkers. We provide the reveals, the twists and turns etc., but we do need folks who are able to take our character profiles and demonstrate who these people are through their dialogue, actions and reactions in scenes.
Other essential skills:
• A positive, can-do attitude
• The emotional maturity to take feedback and follow instructions
• Attention to detail
• Good communication skills (including staying in touch with us on email)
Ability to write great dialog is essential.
• We will pay you 3 cents per word. Each book in the series is about 60k words a piece, so that's about $1800 per book you complete, (contingent upon bonuses for on-time completion)
• We expect you to deliver 20k words per week. We need these deadlines strictly adhered to. If you can deliver them faster, that's excellent.
• Feedback with edits, comments, etc. will be given for adjustments to be made to the work. You need to be aware that this is part of what we're paying for. We will not compensate you for work we find unacceptable/unusable.
• English level: Fluent (US dialect)
• Writing level: Expert
• Can follow a strict writing schedule
When responding, please introduce yourself, and answer the following questions:
1. Are you fluent in both written and spoken US English?
2. What is your ghostwriting experience?
3. Do you have experience writing comedy, action or thrillers? Please elaborate.
4. Are you capable of consistently delivering at least 20k words per week? Our publication dates are very important to us.
5. Have you ever written a novel before?
Please also attach a short sample of prose (PDF or Word doc only) which best showcases your ability to write comedy and/or action. If it also demonstrates an adeptness for weaving in humor and exciting dialog, that’s a bonus in your favor.
Typically the first thing we will do is quickly look over your sample and responses to the questions to determine if we'd like to proceed, so please be sure to attach something relevant to the position. We need writers who can dive right in with minimal assistance, so please exclude yourself if you do not have any experience with writing novels in these genres.
Due to the volume of response, please include your name in the subject line and title your email “Talented Writer Interested in Thriller/Comedy Series - [first name] [last name]” or it will be disregarded.
We look forward to hearing from you.